Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Who do the crowds say that I am?"



Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 9:18-22.

Once when Jesus was praying in solitude, and the disciples were with him, he asked them, "Who do the crowds say that I am?"
They said in reply, "John the Baptist; others, Elijah; still others, 'One of the ancient prophets has arisen.'"
Then he said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter said in reply, "The Messiah of God."
He rebuked them and directed them not to tell this to anyone.
He said, "The Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised."

Commentary of the day
Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus (1873-1897), Carmelite, Doctor of the Church
Poem 52 « L'Abandon est le fruit délicieux de l'amour »

« 'And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself.' He said this indicating the kind of death he would die» (Jn 12 ,32-33)

There is on this earth
A marvelous Tree,
Its root, O mystery!
Is in Heaven...

In its shade
Never could anything cause pain.
One can rest there
Without fearing the storm.

Love is the name
Of this ineffable Tree,
And its delectable fruit
Is called Abandonment.

Even in this life this fruit
Gives me happiness.
My soul delights
In its divine fragrance.

It seems a treasure.
Putting it to my mouth,
It is sweeter still.

It gives me in this world
An ocean of peace.
In this deep peace
I rest forever...

Abandonment alone brings me
Into your arms, O Jesus.
It alone makes me live
The life of the Elect.


My Reflection:

Who is Jesus in your life? Do you really know Him that much? As for me, being a renewed christian, I am becoming more aware of His presence. Through good times and bad times, I know that I have a BIG Jesus in my heart. Thanks for loving me Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment